While I would never want to discourage anyone from going into sales I also wanted to make it clear that there are massive advantages to a career in sales. Here are six of them.
1. Its fun. Life was meant to be fun so you might as well have fun making a high income.
2. Skills are portable. The selling skills you perfect over the years can be adapted into any markets. Sure you may have some change with product knowledge but your sales skills can be easily adapted to suit the market.
3. In demand. Skilled top performing salespeople are always in demand. In most circumstances the individual any company would really love to hire is a top-quality salesperson to sell the product or service. The demand of a top quality salespeople is almost impossible to fill.
4. No income ceilings. In a sales profession there are no income ceilings. The better performing sales person you are, the potential more commission you can make. Could you ever imagine your sales manager ever coming up to you saying you doing a great job but you’ll have to slow down. I doubt that.
5. Low capital investment . Selling offers potentially massive returns from a very low capital investment. Unlike a doctor you do not need to go to college for seven years. Unlike buying a franchise you do not need to come up with several hundred thousand dollars upfront. You can start your sales career with a tiny cost compared to the business owner. Your investment will be time in learning the skills of selling and if you learn these skills well your return on investment will be huge.
6. Selling is challenging. Every day in your selling career you will be challenged. No two days are the same. Every day you’ll be confronted with new obstacles to overcome.
Selling can be one of the most rewarding careers you can ever be involved with. For a low investment you can get into a career that can earn you several hundred thousand dollars per year. Unlike many other careers, you can earn a lot of money very fast and be challenged every day with numerous new challenges. It’s an awesome lifestyle.
Source by Darren Blair